July 6, 2010
Kyrie Jo Wilkerson was born on July 6, 2010 at 10:53 pm. She was 8 lbs 5 oz and 21 1/2 inches long!

Getting all cleaned up

She looks just like Malachi here!

Mommy and the beautiful babe

Daddy and the now-ritual 1st feeding

snuggling with daddy!


You can kinda see the velcro on the sides of her head... that was to keep her "glasses" on while under the bili lights.

Malachi loves his baby sissy!!
He got mad if anyone else tried to hold her!
Uncle Arik managed to get a turn!
The proud big brother again!
The wonderful doting Nana! She helped tons while she was here!!!
Oh and there's big sissy!
Such cute kids we have!
Lovin' on his sissy some more
Hey look, a family shot!
Playing in my room... yeah that was noisy and tons of fun! ;)
Getting ready to go home!!
The kids coming to check out the new arrival!! Yeah I know, you can't really see Kyrie, but oh well!
Ok now for the story...
So the morning of July 6th, I had a doctor appointment... yeah I was barely dilated to 2 cm!! But he did say that if I came in with constant contractions, that they wouldn't turn me away. Well I was going to go right home and start walking... but of course the day got way busy!! I wanted a nap so that I could be rested, but then after that nothing was working out so that I could go walk. We finally made it out after dinner, around 8. We went around the big block as a family, then Than came home with the kids while me, my mom, and aaron all went around again. By that point the contractions were about 2 minutes apart! So I kept going around and around our culd-e-sac!! I didn't want the contractions to stop! So my mom and Than hurried to get kids to bed while I kept walking, then Than threw some last minute things into our bag and off we went. We got to the hospital around 9:15 ish (yeah I don't really remember... that's what happens when it's been 2 months!!), had to check in in the ER, and then up we went to the maternity ward. They hooked me up to monitors for a few minutes, then got me ready for the OR (10:20 pm)!
Once in the OR, they gave me an epidural, which took effect immediately! I couldn't even lift my legs to move them in place. It actually numbed me all the way up to my chest, which caused some problems. First of all, i started to get a really bad pain in my right shoulder, and I can't remember what the reason was. Anyway, they gave me some morphine for that. Well that mixed with the numbness, it made me really tired. Well apparently sometime after they delivered Kyrie, I started falling asleep... problem was, when I did, I would kinda stop breathing! The anesthesiologist had to wake me up several times to remind to keep breathing, taking big deep breaths! Yeah that's kinda weird!
Oh besides the morphine and epidural, they had to give me a medicine because I'd eaten somewhat recently. Well that med makes me itch WAY bad, so they had to give me Benadryl also, which knocks me out! So I'm pretty much out of it for quite a while, which is why Nathaneil gets to do the first feeding! All in all tho, it wasn't too bad. I think I recovered quicker with Malachi, which is kind of odd, but I still recovered way faster this time than with Laynie!
I can't really think of anything else about our hospital stay, and we got to leave on the 3rd day of being there!
If I remember anything else, I'll post it later :)




No comments:
Post a Comment