yeah, i know...
major slacker! sorry it's taking me so long to post, but i do have excuses! my main one is- i have a brand new baby!! i think that right there is excuse enough, but if not then i'll add some more. i also have a toddler that needs some mommy time, i'm still trying to recover from major surgery so i'm supposed to be sleeping when ky does, and last but not least, i got the lovely sickness known as mastitis (aka a breast infection!). so yes i have just been having tons of fun. this last friday i woke up freezing, nauseous, and my body aching all over. i wasn't sure if it was mastitis or if i had the flu bug or something. we called than's sister and mom, and they both thought it was mastitis, and luckily the dr had already given me a prescription just in case. well later that day we were supposed to be going down to slc to meet cathy. my mom and i were getting our hair cut, and then her and arik were going down to provo for the weekend. well the whole way down i'm feeling like i'm trying not to throw up, which is difficult in a moving, bouncing vehicle! well we get there, and everyone there can tell i don't feel good. my face was flushed from my fever, i could barely walk, and i had absolutely no energy. well we get done right about rush hour time, so we decide just to go to annalen's and waste some time. luckily i was able to take a nap there, and i felt a little better when i woke up. but by the time we got home i was way worse! i was shaking so bad it was making the aches in my body hurt worse, and my teeth were chattering! than took my temp and it was 102.3! luckily that was as high as it got. the next day was spent with me feeding ky and then going back to bed, with my fever going up and down all day. by that night it had broke and i was finally done with it! sunday, cathy and brian brought my mom back up and spent a little while with us. i can't really think of anything fun that has happened these past weeks, so here are some old ky pix. these were all taken the first few days after we came home. i have bunches of pix, so hopefully i'll be able to get everything posted and then stay caught up!
arik loves holding baby ky!


he is such a little doll!

and a goof ball, just like his sissy and daddy!


he looked so cute all cuddled up

he loves putting his head back as far as he can



kissies from his sissy

crazy hair, but still cute!

trying to get a burp

uncle arik

uncle nick

i guess i should post about his dr appointments... his 1st was on june 30th (exactly 1week old) he hadn't quite gained his birth weight back yet, he was 7 lbs 8 oz, 21 in long, and had a 14 in head. he was in 30% for head and weight, and 75% for length. at his 2 week appt (july 11) he had gained a whole pound! he was 8 lbs 8 oz and almost 22 in long already!
i can't believe my baby is 3 weeks old already!!!
2 comments:
So when you said you are a major slacker I thought yah you are! Hehe!! And then you gave your excuses, here is what I have to say about those. When you said you have a new baby, that one did not work for me. I would want everyone to see my new baby. You then said you have a toddler, I started to feel for you a little more. I then kept reading your blog. After you said you had major surgery I thought ok good reason not to post you need to rest, but then when you said you had mastitis you were TOTALLY off the hook. You poor thing! You sound like you had it as bad as I did. Its no fun! I'm so sorry that you got it that bad. I'm so scared about getting it again. Only this time its that much harder because not only do we have to take care of the baby, we have a toddler now. I feel for you, and if I was there I would be taking Laynie for you. Man you have had it rough, but Ky is so cute. He really is all boy. That is what I thought while looking at his pic. I cant believe he is 3 weeks now. I keep looking at your blog, just to see how old he is. (Wow I have a lot to say.) I'm so happy for your little family. hopefully I can get Keith to take us to Utah so we can see him, but until then I'll take a blog post ever now and then. Love yah!! ps-its Mattie on Keiths comp.
Your poor thing! It sounds like the first few weeks have been hard. He sure is cute though! How long will your family be here? I still want to try and see them before the go home.
Post a Comment