Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Oops

yeah I know, I still have a LOT to catch up on... but I figured I'd better post this now.

So for the past few weeks, I had decided that Nathaneil was going to take both kids with him to his Family Reunion, and I would stay home and have some nice relaxing time alone. Well as it got closer, I started to change my mind. It sounded like fun and it was only 2 1/2 hours away. I knew we would have a room up there either in the Lodge or a cabin so I figured I could still rest as much as I wanted. Well then the night before we were supposed to leave, Ky gets the stomach flu. The next day (Thursday) Ky was able to keep a little bit down, so we decided to just go. We left about 4 or so, and got up there between 6:30 and 7.... he threw up the whole way there pretty much :( Luckily I was driving and didn't have to deal with :) Anywho... that night we had dinner and just kinda hung out with everybody, and it was nice to just sit and relax. Laynie was staying in a tent that night with Nathaneil, so she was way excited to go to bed. And because Ky was still sick, he fell asleep within a couple of minutes of putting him down. It was so nice to have them go down so easy! The next morning, Ky still wasn't feeling the greatest, but he was starting to keep a little bit down. Laynie had a blast playing with all of her cousins, and playing in the creek/river, even though it was a little chilly. I went and took a morning nap (like I always want to :) ) and afterwards just hung out talking with people. Lunch time came around, and I couldn't eat much of anything, it just wasn't tasting right to my stomach. Within 2-3 hrs of lunchtime I was feeling really gross, so I went to lay down again while Ky was napping. TMI: I lost everything in my stomach within 10 minutes of laying down! Well over the next 2 hours I lost it a few more times, getting Braxton Hicks contractions every time, but they would go away after laying back down. Anyway, around 5:45, the contractions kept going. They were about 5 mins apart for 20 mins, and then they stopped for about 20 mins. Then all of a sudden they started up again. By this time Nathaneil had gone to get his Mom (a pharmacist) and his sister (an almost nurse with a Dr. husband). They said I should get going home just in case the contractions got worse. So they, along with Nathaneil and his bro, packed all our stuff up while I laid there on the bed. Nathaneil's mom came with us, and I ended up riding with her, which turned out to be good. I was still having contractions, and they definitely didn't stop while in the car. Heber was only 1-1 1/2 hours away, but by the time we got there, we knew we needed to stop at the hospital there. My MIL was timing my contractions, and they were between 1-2 mins apart and lasting about a minute each time. We got to the hospital, and they got me hooked up to a monitor, and monitored my contractions for a while. They were about 2 1/2 mins apart or less. I was soooo uncomfortable from the contractions and that stupid hospital bed!! Finally the doctor came in and he checked me... 90% effaced, but luckily only dilated about 1cm. They figured the contractions were because I was so dehydrated, so they got IV fluids going. The doctor then decided to call our hospital here and ask what they wanted to do. The doctor on call was actually filling in for my dr, and he wanted to give me some medicine along with the fluids to get the labor to stop. Within about 2 hours of the shot, my contractions had pretty much stopped. The dr finally came in and said we could go home, or we could stay the night. We decided to go home, since Nathaneil's mom had taken the kids back home already. By this time it's after midnight. After I got all unhooked from everything, checked out, and in the car, it was 1 am. Within 10 mins of being in the car, my contractions started again! Luckily they stayed at least 10-15 mins apart. We finally got home around 2 am, and we went straight to bed! Oh I forgot to mention, by this time Nathaneil was feeling really gross, and had lost it once at the hospital :( Anyway, this morning we got up and thanked his mom profusely! She not only got the kids taken care of and bathed late last night, but she did some laundry for us! :) Well she had to get back out to Roosevelt, so she couldn't stay long. It was so nice of her to do that for us, and so nice that I didn't have to worry about the kids!!!
So now it's today, and I'm still having contractions every now and then. This morning they were about 10 mins apart again for about an hour, luckily now they are just kind of random. However, I do think I will be making an appointment to see my doctor on Monday instead of waiting til my next appt, on the 22nd!! He needs to know what's going on, and I need to make sure I'm not dilating anymore! So all-in-all, lesson learned... Don't go anywhere further than 30 min-1 hr away when you are 35 weeks pregnant!! I was looking forward to having a July baby... now I guess we'll see :)

No comments: